On Wednesday 7th February 4pm – 5.30pm you are invited to join us for the next in the series of CFVI focused CPD events: Getting Started with the CFVI: Sharing Good Practice and Experiences (part 2)
Feedback from participants in our last CFVI CPD in November was very positive, and identified a strong desire for collaborative working and that the sharing of experiences is something the field would welcome, particularly around the resources that are being used to support the implementation of the CFVI. We have therefore structured this session around this feedback.
This session will focus on the sharing of resources that are supporting you in your implementation of the CFVI.
This could include sharing:
- information about teaching resources you find useful or setting/service documentation devised that uses the language of the CFVI for example: assessment forms, developmental profiles,
- materials created that have been developed/adapted to align with the CFVI,
- a case study or overview of how you are using the CFVI with a child or young person.
We will invite you, in small discussion groups, to share your resources in a safe and supportive setting.
We are planning to produce a list of your good practice ideas and experiences of embedding the CFVI in practice. Your feedback from the discussion groups will therefore be very helpful in creating a document that shares recent experience from within the field.
Participants’ Preparation for the Session
- Due to the practical nature of this event, we would like you to prepare for the session by sending anything you wish to share in advance to email@example.com by 29th January 2024. This will help us to plan the session.
- Please anonymise any documentation that you send, removing the names of setting, staff and children and young people and ensure you have any necessary permissions in place to share your work at a CPD event.
- If you are involved in the VICTAR case study, please do not share related information at this event.
Any information shared will not be endorsed by VIEW/RNIB.
This session is contingent on adequate information sharing; otherwise, it may be substituted with another CFVI related event and rescheduled for May.
We look forward to seeing you in February!
Book your place at: Training for professionals supporting learners with visual impairments | RNIB.
Missed our last event: Getting Started with the CFVI: Sharing Good Practice and Experiences (November 23)?
A recording of this event is now available to view at www.rnib.org.uk/cfvi in the ‘CFVI Updates and Specialist Training Events’ section.
CFVI Specialist Resources
Download the latest CFVI resources, for specialists working with Children and Young People with Vision Impairment (CYPVI) in the field of VI education. These resources will help to assist with training to key stakeholders whilst supporting the embedding of the CFVI within all settings.
Available now in English and Welsh language at: www.rnib.org.uk/cfvi in the ‘Specialist Resources and Sensory Support Service Documents’ section.